Monday, November 12, 2007

Heiselt Winners!

I realized the other day that you don't have to post a picture to post on the blog so here goes. Last week Emoree took 1st place in her school Book Fair competition. Not only did she take first place in the Historical Fiction category, but then her school decided that her poster (she did Anne of Green Gables as her book) would represent the school at the District competition. Emoree received a ribbon and a medal (pictures to come - sometime soon!). We are so proud!

Bryton also entered the Sweet Potato Invitational last week (I chalk this up to "only in Mississippi") where he had to create an object, animal, insect, etc. out of a sweet potato. So he created a seal. Yes, friends, I found myself finding black paint for my son to paint a potato. He then attached shells (painted black) for the fins and glued on a bouncy ball nose. He attached the seal to a shoebox lid (covered in blue paper of course to simulate the ocean) and he rocked! He won Honorable Mention and received a very large, lovely green ribbon (pictures to come).

Just wanted to let you know what winners my kiddies are! Oh, and I should mention Shae wins for being the cutest 4-year old on the planet who actually asks questions with the word "y'all" in it!

On to the next competition!!!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

WOW!! Good work! I can't wait to see pictures!

Bente said...

That is awesome! Your kids are so great. I also look forward to seeing the pictures, but thanks for letting us know what is going on without them! We love you guys!!!

Grandma H said...

Great news on those great kids!! Thanks for sharing. It's so fun to see what's going on 'down' there. Love ya!

Missy said...

Congratulations! Your kids so totally rock. Y'all.