Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Christmas Parade

We had a great time with the 41st annual Starkville Christmas Parade. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to work with a group of MSU students thought April's Day One program who worked with the organizing committee. My group got to help advertise for the parade, put the line-up together, work with the television production, and assist in running the event.




April and kids arrived early to stake their claim on a veiwing area -- trust me, you have got to get there early. They then got to the three bands. Our favourite quote was from Shae as the third band went by: "Oh, I love these guys! they changed their outfits again!" Apparently we failed to let her know that there was more than one band in the parade -- not the same one three times.




Santa even made an appearance to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.


2 comments:

Missy said...

So fun! You guys are always so involved, you just amaze me. I'm glad you're enjoying your Christmas.

Bente said...

Who knew Starkville had its own Christmas parade. What a hip-happenin' place!!