Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Symbol!


Band memories anyone? As you know, Em plays the bassoon. Not really a marching instrument. So this year, when the 7th and 8th grade band marched in the Starkville Christmas Parade she needed an instrument. What did she get? The symbols. WOW! Those things are seriously loud. I am not kidding, take my word for it!
She had a blast playing and marching. Although it was about 30 degrees outside, Em had three shirts, two pairs of pants, wool socks, hand warmers, gloves, and a body warmer (new thing I found in the hunting aisle -- gotta love Starkville) she was on fire. Those symbols are heavy and they were really moving out there.
Think back to your band days and enjoy!

1 comment:

Missy said...

So fun, Em! I played violin so didn't fit the marching band mold, either. Ah well, I loved seeing my twin out there playing flute, those are great memories, too! Hope you're enjoying it!