Friday, December 19, 2008

The Best Christmas Gift EVER . . .

As many of you know we have been foster parents for quite some time in MS. Things were moving slowly as we kept getting offered 3 or 4 sibilings at a time (which we cannot take according to MS law). Eric and I just knew there was someone out there for our family. Three just wasn't the end...on Tuesday, we got a call that there was a two week old baby for us in Tupelo.

I went down on Wednesday evening and spent the night with the baby in the hospital (MS procedure). We hung out, watched some TV, sang primary songs, and had a wonderful night. Then I brought her home to meet the crew.

The crew is so in love with her it is crazy! Bryton said the other evening that he doesn't need any Christmas presents as he had already received the best gift he could get. He also started crying the other evening as he was holding her saying, "I just love her so much."

On Monday, the judge will meet with the mother. We would ask for your thoughts and prayers for both the judge and the mother. We are so greatful for our time with . . . ESTHER (middle name forthcoming). Right now we are discussing middle names. If you have one, feel free to suggest. In the meantime, she is just Esther (really "Essie," "S," "Button," and "little E") with one name -- like Cher.
She was a premie baby, but is now up to 6.4 pounds (like her cousin I hear)! She has lots of black hair, is about 18.5 inches long, very alert, and a huge blessing.

Thank you all for your love and support of us during this time. We will keep you posted on all that goes on. After all, we couldn't let Brenda, Jodie, and Melissa have all the fun.

Merry Christmas everyone. Although, we have the best gift of all at our house!

3 comments:

Jodie said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! We're so excited for you!!

Now, just to be positive...are you fostering or adopting? I am not exactly sure...though I assume adopting since you're choosing her name.

Congrats again! She's beautiful!

Kara said...

Oh my gosh she is so beautiful. I got big tears in my eyes thinking about when I first met Krissa and then Shae. What a wonderful thing for chrismtas. Makes me want to foster again. Now if I CAN just talk brian into it...CONGRATS!

Missy said...

OH. My wonderful goodness. She is beautiful, we are SO happy for you. We will certainly keep you all in our prayers. What wonderful memories you have as a family already! Bryton, you are such a sweet wonderful boy. I can't wait to see you all again!