Monday, January 19, 2009

The Mighty Hunter

Thanks to our awesome friend Van, Bryton had a chance to go duck hunting. He and Van caught two wood ducks (they are beautiful). Bryton learned how to stay low, how to keep an excited hunting dog calm and the joys of the hunt. Gotta love it!
He got one! (Technically Van shot it as Bryton does not have a hunting license)

As a Vet Student, Van is always willing to teach Bryton about the innards of animals and how to do the proper "dissection." I find this both gross and fascinating (as does my son).

Here's Bryton, after he plucked the duck and is getting ready to cut the meat. He and Van will share some duck steaks in the days to come. Thanks Van! You rock!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Congrats Bryton! I can only hope that, should my boys express a genuine desire to have a hunting experience, that Conan and I could overcome our personal differences and find someone willing to share their hobby.